ARM has launched a new business unit, IoT Devices BU, to deploy low power, high performing, wireless connectivity solutions to accelerate embedded/IoT product deployment for ARM partners and platforms. This group of experienced engineers are developing a new product portfolio, ARM Cordio®, supporting 3GPP NarrowBand-IoT (NB-IoT) cellular wireless standards including a complete RF and software solution.
What will I be accountable for:
You will be joining a multinational and dynamic Wireless development group located across Staines (UK), Cambridge (UK), San-Diego (US),Florida (US), Bangalore (IN) and Lund (SE). The team in Staines is responsible for cellular wireless protocol stack, Platform software and tools IP.
You will be responsible to manage and execute configuration management, end to end release management & Continuous Integration process for technology solutions delivered through the execution of project. This position supervises departmental resources and establishes CM,RM & CI policies and procedures, and provide straining for all users
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need:
You will need to have the following skills & experience:
- A university degree in Computer Science,Electronics Engineering or related subject is desired, although other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Establish and maintain a configuration management (CM) system compliant with quality, company, and customer (both internal and external) requirements.
- Knowledge of version control (Git, Gerrit,Repo etc.) and Defect tracking & Task Management tools (JIRA, etc.)
- Expertise in Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo etc) including prior experience of setting up and maintaining such systems.
- Expertise of scripting in Python or Perl
- Ability to evaluate the environment,gather needs, and propose a recommended CM solution
- Ability to define and design CM standards for the technology
- Ability to define manageable CM processes, implement them and drive their adoption
- Ensure effective use of configuration management and release management tools.
- Enable successful release management by moving code from Development and Testing environments to Staging and Production
- Responsible for the set-up, maintenance and ongoing development of continuous build/ integration infrastructure.
- Creating and maintaining fully automated CI build processes for multiple environments
- Writing build and deployment scripts.
- Supporting CI/CD tools integration/operations/ change management, and maintenance.
- Support full automation of CI/ Testing
- Establish Continuous Deployment practices and procedures and tools.
- Training and supporting developers from source control, through build automation,merge resolution, CI, test automation,deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Adhere to configuration and releasemanagement disciplines andmethodology
- Experience in large, multi-site, cross platform (Windows, Linux) software development projects
- Strong analytical skills, eagerness to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Can take initiatives, strong personal drive.
- Like to work in an environment where you cooperate closely in a diverse team of colleagues, together striving to fulfil common targets.
- Can communicate with people and find it easy to explain your findings and knowledge to others.
- Excellent team working skills with great motivation and results focus
- Knowledge of full Software life-cycle including specification design, test and documentation
- Knowledge and ability to use the operating systems the CM technology runs on
- Software development experience in C for embedded systems
Experience: 4+ Years
Location : Staines, UK
- Highly competitive to match experience and capability
How To Apply Send your CV to [email protected]