Job Code: SWTUSA060717_03
- You will have the opportunity to work with an international team of hardware, systems, and software engineers to develop an integrate cutting edge video technology on Linux platforms .
- We provide integrated solutions for smart phone, computing, entertainment, automotive, connectivity, and IoT products worldwide.
- The Linux video software team drives the feature design, development, integration, and commercialization of video software and applications on processors.
- Responsibilities This position requires the candidate to design, implement, integrate, and commercialize various user and kernel mode software modules on mobile application processor that meet specified performance, latency, power, robustness, and stability metrics.
- Responsibilities also include requirements analysis, software maintenance, and troubleshooting of video applications, framework, and drivers.
- BS Degree with 3+ years industry experience required in one or more of the following areas: Embedded software development on Linux C/C++ programming skills
- Experience in C/C++ programming and development in the Linux/Android environment.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and multithreaded programming.
- Knowledge of computer architecture, operating systems, data structures, and basic algorithms, with respect to Linux/Android platforms.
- Software debugging skills in embedded real time operating systems on Linux platforms.
- Understanding of power and performance considerations on embedded systems, preferably on Linux platforms.
- Background and experience in several of the following areas: Video usage models including playback, streaming, camcorder, WiFi display, and content protection.
- Android multimedia frameworks and video related applications.
- Videocompression standards (e.g. H264/H.265/VPx/MPEG4/H.263/VC1).
- Media file containers and parsers (e.g. MP4/3GP/AVI/MOV/MKV/TS/PS).
- OpenMAX IL and other integration layer standards.
- Streaming protocols and implementation (e.g HLS/HTTP/RTSP/DASH).
- Linux device driver development and debugging (e.g. V4L2).
- Expertise in working with tools and techniques used on Linux (Windbg, JTAG, etc.).
- ARM or other embedded SoC development and debugging.
Education: Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering Preferred: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Job Status: Full Time
Work Location: California – San Diego
- Highly competitive to match experience and capability
How To Apply: Send your CV with Job Code to [email protected]