SoC Multimedia Validation and Debug Engineer
- Candidate will support the multimedia verification/validation team in verifying & validating multimedia HW designs in SOC by running software applications at OS level, and at HW core level.
- Validation engineer will work closely with SW, HW, DV, Systems on test development, regressions (presi/emulation and postsi), PVT, TCU, automation, power measurements, Vmin, Fmax.
- In addition, candidate will require extensive debug skills to root cause failures, such as development of driver level software written in C, assembly, knowledge of scripting languages, such as Perl and Python, and some familiarity with lab equipment, such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of MIPI specs, Android OS and Software development is a plus. Ability to interface with various internal groups using effective communication skills.
- Candidate will have min 5 years of experience working in SoC multimedia emulation and/or postSi validation, debugging lowlevel SW/HW issues, driver development, usage of the JTAG tools, understanding of power measurements; must be skilled in (embedded) C.
- Skills: C / C++ , embedded, Unix/Linux, SoC, Validation, Debug, device drivers, shell scripting, Perl, Python.
- Logic analyzer, Oscilloscope, Android OS, Camera operation, Image Processing/Compression, MIPI electrical & Protocol Spec. knowledge; Effective communication skills
- Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering and/or Vlsi & Embedded Systems Preferred: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering and/or Vlsi & Embedded Systems or equivalent experience
- Full Time
- California – San Diego
- Highly competitive to match experience and capability