Formal Verification can help you find bugs earlier in the design cycle and accelerate root cause analysis. But success with Formal requires the effective selection and implementation of the latest formal technologies and methods. The T&VS consultants are experts in all aspects of Formal verification and have a wealth of experience helping organisations implement Formal effectively through both training and consultancy and project implementation.
Formal Verification Training
The T&VS Formal Verification training courses help our clients to understand:
- The strengths and weaknesses of Formal verification
- Easy wins using Formal verification “apps”, such as SoC integration, CDC, X propagation, and automated checks
- “Assertions for designers” whereby designers learn to write and prove assertions as part of the design process
- Use of assertions to hunt for bugs using formal
- How to prove critical system properties
Formal Strategy Consultancy
T&VS offer a range of consultancy services that help our clients to:
- Understand how to integrate formal verification into a dynamic, simulation-based verification strategy
- Exploit the strengths of formal and avoid the weaknesses
- Apply “AHAA” (Bug Avoidance, Hunting, Absence and Analysis)
- Identify key metrics to measure success of formal and dynamic integration
T&VS Formal Verification Services
Two recent projects highlight the T&VS approach to Formal Verification:
Development of a Formal Verification Strategy
- T&VS spent 5 weeks with a major IP supply company to help them develop their formal verification strategy
- The resulting “AHAA” strategy allowed the client to fully identify where and how best to deploy formal
Full Formal Verification of an IP Block
- T&VS spent 4 months with ST Microelectronics to fully formally verify a power controller block
- T&VS engineers first developed a set of constraints and properties, and then proved all of the properties
- Metrics were used to measure completeness of the formal verification
- New bugs (not found in simulation) were uncovered
The T&VS Advantage
- The T&VS formal experts each have over 15 years’ experience.
- T&VS understand how to integrate formal and dynamic verification.
- The T&VS training and consultancy services ensure that the clients can implement formal verification effectively.
Mike Bartley (T&VS CEO and Founder) completed his PhD in Mathematics in 1988 and has continuously worked on the Formal verification of both hardware and software. Mike maintains a passion for Formal verification, has vast experience of using formal in the verification of a wide variety of designs and continues to drive Formal initiatives at T&VS.
Talk to Us
Contact one of our consultants today to discuss your requirements so that we can help you take the next steps towards better verification with Formal.
Alternatively call one of our local sales offices.