Bringing together a team for a new development project, or even finding individuals to replace or compliment existing personnel can be a real challenge. The engineering sector has a widely recognised shortfall in skilled personnel and the cost of hiring and retaining good staff is high, even for the most respected organisations. Outsourcing and/or off-shoring of you product verification testing can be both a tactical measure and a long term strategy, so let TVS set-up and/or manage your outsourcing or off-shore partnership.
TVS has a focus on resourcing projects in hardware verification and software testing and can be your route to successful outsourcing and off-shore execution.
- Outsourcing = the use of components of labour from external suppliers – Augmentation
- Offshoring = the relocation of some of a company’s production services or jobs overseas – Offshore Development Centre (ODC).
Outsourcing: The Benefits
Outsourcing can offer huge benefits and the quickest, safest way to achieve the results you want is to use a partner who has delivered many times before – TVS.
- It allows you to concentrate on core-skills
- It gives you access to specialist knowledge
- The ability to quickly undertake one-off projects
- Improved efficiency and lower product development costs
- Reduced time to market
- Higher product quality through use of specialists
- Move fixed costs to variable costs
- But outsourcing requires a specific set of management knowledge and skills.
Offshoring: All the Outsourcing benefits above plus;
- Access to a huge pool of skilled software and hardware verification personnel
- The ability to ramp a team quickly.
- Low cost. Typically offshore personnel can be provided by TVS at 30% of the cost associated with UK personnel.
TVS has operated in India since it started in 2008 and TVS staff have been working in India for many more years. In September 2011 TVS opened dedicated offices in Chennai, India.