The latest Huawei UK Smart Cities Index has put Bristol at the top of the list over London. The Index, commissioned by Huawei UK and conducted by Navigant Consulting, evaluates 20 cities and their strategies, key projects and overall readiness in using digital technology to improve crucial civic services from transport infrastructure to healthcare.
Bristol’s move to the top spot is said in the Index to be a direct result of it taking significant strides to extend its innovation programmes and more closely integrate those initiatives into “city strategy”. The ‘Bristol Is Open’ project provides a large-scale connectivity test bed and the new City Operations Centre ensures that services are effectively implemented. The city also leads in data access, energy innovation and community engagement.
Test and Verification Solutions (T&VS) founded in the Bristol SETsquared in 2008 by Dr. Mike Bartley has developed into a global leader in the test and verification of complex hardware and software systems to ensure they are reliable, safe and secure. T&VS now has offices in 6 countries and employs over 250 staff. The company headquarters are very much still in Bristol and are part of the tech ecosystem of companies pushing Bristol into the leading position of UK smart cities.
Delivering the UKs latest autonomous vehicles projects
- T&VS bring V&V expertise to Innovate UK funded autonomous commercial vehicles project. RoboPilot features in the second stream of Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV2) projects that were recently awarded £31m of Innovate UK led funding.
- T&VS are part of a consortium developing connected and autonomous vehicles. The £4.2m CAPRI project will culminate in trials of an autonomous mobility service at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, UK. The project will deliver a pilot scheme that could pave the way for the use of connected and autonomous vehicles to move people around airports, hospitals, business parks, shopping and tourist centres.
Helping Bristol tech start-ups to bring new products to market, including:
- Security testing for GraphixAsset an award-winning, software and digital solutions provider.
- Software installation testing for SomniumTech a complete software development environment for embedded systems.
- Verify SystemC design for BluWireless Technology a leading WiGig system IP provider for high bandwidth communication systems to the semiconductor and systems market.
- IoT device lab and certification process to rebuild trust in the IoT
- Part of the Bristol FinTech initiative, providing innovative FinTech agile testing solutions
- FREE QA assessment to ensure your testing project is on track
- Making testing affordable via our global crowd of 55k testers
- Testing thought leaders – organising GDPR and User Experience events in Bristol.