Connected devices create an increased level of intrusion, generating new types and unprecedented quantities of data, raising potential quality and security issues. IoT device and solution providers must start to ensure the quality and security of their products through IoT testing, which in turn will start the slow process of rebuilding consumer confidence.
IoT Testing – Network Interfaces & Connectivity – Certification
The T&VS IoT Network certification allows IoT providers to ensure their solution will work against a wide range of networking connection and connectivity protocols. The certification can be tailored to meet specific requirements. The following latest industry guidelines were considered when building the T&VS Network IoT certification including (but not limited to):
- GSMA IoT connection efficiency guidelines
- onem2m connection standards
The following communication protocols can be verified:
- Mobile (GSM/GPRS/EDGE (2G), UMTS/HSPA (3G), LTE (4G))
- Wi-Fi (Based on 802.11n (most common usage in homes today)
- Bluetooth (Bluetooth 4.2 core specification)
- ZigBee (ZigBee 3.0 based on IEEE802.15.4)
and other less common connection protocols:
- Z-Wave (Z-Wave is a low-power RF communications technology)
- 6LowPAN (key IP (Internet Protocol)-based technology is 6LowPAN
- Thread (new IP-based IPv6 protocol aimed at the home automation env)
- NFC – (standard ISO/IEC 18000-3)
- SIGFOX – (wide-range technology, in terms of range between Wi-Fi & cellular)
- Nuel – (sub 1GHz band)
T&VS have experience working with a wide range of network test equipment and have worked closely with the test equipment company Anritsu and can make recommendations of the most appropriate test equipment to use.
Why Choose Us?
The T&VS IoT Testing services are built on our deep understanding of the latest test, verification and security methodologies combined with years of practical experience working with networking protocols, network IP and related test equipment.
Benefits at a Glance
- Save Time and Money
- World-class Expertise
- Independent and Impartial
- Global Support
- Flexible Engagement Model
- Local and Offshore Resources
At T&VS we always follow through on our commitments and stay clear on timescales. We know how to balance your budget with your project objectives. We are always diligent in our approach and flexible to your changing requirements as we understand how critical our services can be to your business success.
Talk to Us
Contact one of our consultants today. No hard sales, just pertinent questions to understand your requirements so that we can help you take the next steps.
Alternatively call one of our local sales offices or simply email us.