This position is for a tester with strong coding skills who likes challenges – someone who is constantly striving for excellence in software test automation and tool development.
- Automation test code quality should be excellent, with minimum test script failures.
- Able to identify automation scope and areas without much help (UI, API).
- Features are tested & delivered on time and without any regression or production Issue
- Should be good in writing corner negative test cases.
- should have good knowledge of complete test environment.
- Independent: Doesn’t need any hand-holding in carrying out well-defined tasks
- Debugging skills: should be able to debug & fix issues in Automation scripts.
- Sense of ownership and commitment to the cause of company: Appetite to learn new things
- Train team members on tool use and test automation tools, practices, techniques and best practices
- Communicate cross-functionally throughout the engineering organization
- Continuously monitor and boost test coverage across the product
- Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or better in CS or related field, with 3+ years experience in software test development, including creating/maintaining test automation frameworks from scratch
- Exposure to best practices in SQA and software development, including code reviews, debugging, troubleshooting and CI processes
- Good knowledge in object oriented programming preferably JAVA.
- Experience in front-end (APP & Web) & API automation, preferably using tools like Selenium/Appium/Rest Assured with a framework like TestNG/Cucumber.
- API-Testing: Knowledge of API-level testing in Java, including but not limited to RESTful web service testing.
- Some experience/comfort with working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting skills.
Preferred (Bonus) Qualifications:
- Knowledge of current build and test automation tools and processes, such as JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Mockito, JBehave, Git, etc
- Experience with whitebox testing, code reviews, SDK testing
- Experience in Android/IOS test automation using frameworks like Robotium/Appium/etc
- Experience with performance testing, stress testing, and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, Ruby or comparable).
- Highly competitive to match experience and capability