Required skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of software testing principles and techniques and extensive experience of applying them.
- Good knowledge of a number of test automation tools, both open source and proprietary, and extensive experience of using these tools.
- Good experience of designing test cases, preparing automated test scripts, analysing test results and defect reporting for testing software from the unit level upward.
- Good experience of designing test cases to meet defined test coverage requirements.
- Able to discuss technical issues with the software development team and business/user issues with client management and users.
- Working knowledge of programming/scripting languages and database query languages.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experienced in working in both traditional and agile development environments.
- Knowledge and experience of load, performance and compatibility testing.
- Experienced in using static analysis test tools.
- Experience of testing in both host and target environments.
- Experience of testing software at integration, system and acceptance test levels.
- Experience of user interface testing including cross browser and usability testing
- Able to demonstrate the ability to gain deeper knowledge in a particular testing domain such as embedded software testing, safety-related software testing, mobile application testing, etc.
- ISEB/ISTQB accredited.
- You will be responsible for developing automated tests for software at various design levels under the guidance of a defined test strategy.
- You will be expected to provide feedback on and potential improvements to that strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class verification company. The remuneration package will reflect this.
- Bristol based but required to travel/work at client premises