Software Test Manager
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of running large, multiple teams of test engineers.
- Experience of identifying and implementing improvements to the management of a team of test engineers
- Experienced in working with client management to identify and agree project requirements and scope.
- Experience of planning and managing test projects and interfacing with development teams and management.
- Experience of defining and implementing test strategies for large and complex projects including selecting appropriate processes, techniques and tools.
- Experience of setting up and managing test environments across multiple platforms and operating systems.
- High level understanding of IT architectures, software designs and software deployments.
- Good knowledge of software testing principles and techniques and extensive experience of applying them at all levels of software testing from unit testing through to system and acceptance testing.
- Knowledge and experience of load, performance and compatibility testing.
- Good knowledge of a number of test automation tools, both open source and proprietary, and extensive experience of using these tools.
Desired skills and experience:
- Able to provide expert advice on designing software for testability.
- Experienced in the design, implementation and delivery of test automation frameworks utilising a range of different tools and technologies.
- Experienced in working in both traditional and agile development environments.
- Experienced in using static analysis test tools.
- Experience of testing in both host and target environments.
- Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in a particular test domain such as embedded software testing, safety-related software testing, mobile application testing, etc.
- ISEB/ISTQB accredited.
- You will be fully responsible for managing large teams of test engineers.
- You will be fully responsible for defining and implementing test strategies for large and complex projects and ensuring test environments are set up and managed effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world-class verification company. The remuneration package will reflect this.
- Bristol based but required to travel/work at client premises
- £45,000 to £65,000
- 45 hours per week