About the Client
GraphixAsset are an award-winning, UK based, software and digital solutions provider with expertise in mobile app design and build, front-end user interface development, back-end server integration, database design, API system integration, flash development, web design and build, computer graphics, and 2D & 3D high-end animation.
GraphixAsset developed the eMAR (electronic Medical Administration Record) system specifically for a national charity, providing services for people with learning disabilities throughout England. The application maintains MARs (Medical Administration Records) electronically. A web interface provides admin functions whilst end users access the system from their Android smart phone or tablet. GraphixAsset approached T&VS to perform comprehensive functional and security testing.
- The requirements were complex
- The overall product is characterised by complex interactions and dependencies
- Time-to-market pressures limited the time to execute functional and security testing
- Healthcare compliances to provide quality software.
The T&VS Technical Solution
T&VS first defined an overall scope for the testing and a strategy that was agreed with GraphixAsset. From this T&VS and GraphixAsset defined a Statement of Work for T&VS to execute the agreed strategy.
- T&VS exacted features from the specifications and converted them into test cases to ensure each requirement has covered. T&VS held Q&A sessions with GraphixAsset to resolve any queries as early as possible.
- T&VS identified the tooling resources such as an Android tablet with supported OS Version, security test tools, supported web browsers and an API testing tool.
- For the testing, the software was divided into three major components: Android, Web and API.
- T&VS prepared testing artefacts separately to track testing progress.
- T&VS performed Functional Testing of the Android application, Web application and APIs
- T&VS performed Security Testing of the Android application and Web application
- T&VS prepared comprehensive metrics on coverage, test status, bug status, etc. to track the progress
- T&VS performed Usability Testing and provided suggestions to improve the user experience
The Delivery Model
T&VS executed the project using a phased delivery plan and an offshore model. An offshore project manager performed the planning, reporting, risk management and resource allocation providing GraphixAsset with a single point of contact.
The project was executed in three phases with deliverables reviewed at the end of each phase:
- Phase 1: module testing of the software with 40% functional and security test plan coverage
- Phase 2: integration testing of the modules with 70% functional and security test plan coverage.
- Phase 3: system testing of the software with 100% functional & security test plan coverage.
Within one and half months, T&VS was able to complete the project and achieve 100% functional and security test plan coverage.
- The blended T&VS execution model allowed GraphixAsset to meet strict budgetary constraints.
- A phased delivery model based on T&VS’s established verification process allowed GraphixAsset to track milestone delivery for each phase and achieve signoff in a methodical manner.
- 100% functional & security test plan coverage closure within one and half months enabled GraphixAsset to hit aggressive development schedules with confidence.
- Project risk was managed by analysis early in the lifecycle.
- A complete functional testing solution was provided for the Android application, Web application and APIs.
- A complete security testing solution was provided for the Android application and Web application.
Find out more
For more information on our asureSECURE service, including Security Coaching and Penetration Testing or to discuss you security requirements in more detail, please Contact Us.