UVM based Verification of a Sensor System-in-Package SOC
The client is one of the world’s leading suppliers of a wide range of analog, MEMS and sensor semiconductors.
The scope of the project was to undertake the hardware verification of a SOC comprising rotation and acceleration sensors with a bi-directional SPI interface to the MCU.
The T&VS Solution
The verification process included:
- Developed SV real models for analog blocks and MEMS based sensors
- Integrating the models with the digital part to create a setup that replicates the actual system more closely
- Performed system-level simulations
- Simulations done in UVM based environment with constrained randomization
- Implemented the MEMS model and testbench for closed-loop simulation
- Verification of the system with the PLL locked
Benefits of T&VS Solutions
- An independently verified SOC that meets the requirements of the customer’s tier 1 consumer electronics OEM.