asureSIGN release 14.00.00.00
The new release of asureSIGN 14.00.00.00, carries these important features:
- Copy Link
With the introduction of Copy-link asureSIGN has taken another big leap in the area of Requirements Management.Before understanding copy link, just a short note on the beauty how requirements are taken care in asureSIGN. asureSIGN allows the requirements or test plan to be categorized based on functionality and modularity in to features, which are further broken down or specialized in to atomic but measurable items called goals.Goals are the leaf nodes in the hierarchy and can be associated with single or multiple coverage items or tests based on the mapping specified.
A copy link is a connection that is set-up when a node is duplicated elsewhere in the hierarchy tree of requirements. Where user is able to update one node and all the linked nodes are updated identically.
This is extremely useful in reusability of requirements, for example a test is part of multiple features, so should fall in different parts of the requirements hierarchy.Copy link is equivalent to Softlink in unix or a junction in windows.Copy link is marked by the master slave node relationship. And still holds the flexibility to move back and forth based on the functionality and flexibility required.
Copy link can be at both the Feature and a Goal level.
Note:Copy link can save lot of user time in managing and maintaining requirements that hardly differ, or follows the same specification. A goal or feature is a perfect client to become a copy link when the same requirement exists to verify different functionality.
Though the requirement is same for different functionality, but the way it has been verified may differ, so is dependent of the mapping string.
- Coverage Import History and Filter
The core idea behind the birth of the tool revolves around the fact that a single tool can read coverage from multiple EDA vendors, can bring all coverage together and provide an automated way to correlate, measure, backtrack inside the development of a project.
With this release asureSIGN is capable of:
- providing a history table of list of coverage files and required statistics
- Ability to overwrite existing regression, both in interactive and batch environment.
- Intelligence to identify the coverage read request should be allowed or not.
- Filter the coverage write based on the requirement of the project.
With the details of Coverage history in this release asureSIGN can keep track of what all coverage files were imported, and what kind of coverage was captured with respect to a regression.
So now against a regression following information is recorded:
- Modified source files (from Version control system).
- Coverage and test data.
- The coverage kind and the details of files in which the coverage exist, etc.
- Time stamp of regression, system time when the coverage file was generated, time when the coverage was being imported into asureSIGN.
The tool beautifully correlates captured data with respect to Requirements and generates graphs, percentages, overall measure the project progress; finally can generate reports that can be shared easily.
Based on regression and captured statistics user can:
- Compare what has changed between regressions
- How the coverage adds to project success
- Overall Project progress
- Activities of Engineers can be recorded, which can help to identify areas of improvement.
- Reports can be generated to act as a proof.
- Team can contribute together for success of project.
- Additionally ability to overwrite existing regression in case some mistakes creep in.
- Regular Expression
With the introduction of regular expression, additional power has been introduced in terms of mapping and search. asureSIGN support POSIX based regular expression.POSIX or “Portable Operating System Interface for uniX” is a collection of standards that define some of the functionality that a (UNIX) operating system should support.With the introduction of POSIX based regular expression for Mapping requirements and in filter (search), user gets extra flexibility and power to meet the objective.
- Introduction of informative iconsAlong with textual information inside the tool, indicators over the icons are introduced to identify progress of the project.
- Graph Zoom
The user can zoom in a selected area via mouse. To zoom in selected area of graph, user can hold the mouse left key and drag the mouse from left to right. To bring the graph back to its original position, user can hold the mouse left key and drag the mouse from right to left.
- ARQE based regression result export
asureSIGN supports export of regression results in AsureSIGN Requirement Qualification Engineering (ARQE) format for broader support.
- PDF based report generation, etc
PDF based report generation and many more that can be seen in the Release notes of the new release.