The asureSIGN May 2015 release targets the following features:
– Improved Multi-User Support
– Integration with Doors via ReqIF
– History Support
Improved Multi-User Support:
asureSIGN is a multiuser application. Using a RDBMS, asureSIGN can track the progress of a project over a period of time. Multiple users can work together and contribute towards the progress of the project.
With the May 2015 release, additional checks have been implemented in asureSIGN that allows:
– Use of locks to ensure that a single user can edit, insert, delete a given record without corruption by other users (asureSIGN minimises the time locks are held).
– asureSIGN only modifies data through transactions so updates are either fully committed or discarded.
This provides the power of ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability). All users can – see the status of all the projects on a particular Server (DB Server);
– see what other users are working on and who has acquired a lock;
– see which operations have failed;
– continuously monitor the status of any project.
asureSIGN also makes sure of privileges on the RDBMS to ensure that users can only perform tasks assigned to their level of access.
Integration with Doors via ReqIF:
asureSIGN is a complete Requirements Management and Sign-off tool. Additionally asureSIGN provides capability to import/export Requirements from/to other tools such as Doors through a ReqIF interface.
Through a new history feature, asureSIGN tracks how Requirements and Test plans change over time. The history window gives the user the opportunity for further analysis and tracking.