The Advanced Requirements Driven Verification, Test and Conformance Management Tool
The increased complexity of today’s hardware and software systems combined with time-to-market pressures makes it essential that companies have a robust requirements driven sign-off capability to ensure products meet their design requirements. This is particularly the case when the financial cost of failure is significant or when system security, safety or standards compliance are critical.
asureSIGN provides advanced requirements driven management and verification tools for managers, developers and integrators that ensure that product requirements have been successfully tested and implemented and can also be used to help prove conformance.
Using the latest in Requirements Driven Verification and Test (RDVT) methodologies, asureSIGN takes requirements engineering beyond the test definition of common requirements tracing practice.
By accumulating data on the status of verification and test metrics over and automatically relating these back to the specified requirements, asureSIGN based projects can benefit from:
- Increased quality of the final product
- Reduced verification and test timescales
- Increased productivity of requirement, verification and test resources
- Improved project, requirements and verification management
- Enhanced compliance and audit documentation
The Advantages of Using asureSIGN
asureSIGN complements existing tools and workflows to offer significant advantages to managers and engineering teams working to ensure functional requirements are successfully implement. Click the (+) button to see the individual advantages.
- Requirements Management
- Mapping of requirements through tests to results, for requirements engineering completion
- Using requirements within the test flow allows test engineers early analysis for planning
- Requirements driven test methodology assists with achieving a complete and high quality set of requirements
- Verification Management
- Easy interpretation of result metrics, at multiple levels of hierarchy; help to identify issues areas
- Independently work on your verification environment with no dependency on any one EDA tool chain
- Achieve improved decision making due to high quality, real-time information on the project status
- Project Management
- Reusability of data between projects allows for reduced ramp up times
- Variant management between projects helps to easily identify redundant and new tests needed
- Milestone grading assists with resource management and allows for improved communication across the project
- Provides visibility on the early verification efforts, leading to better project management by making it easy to see what areas need attention
- Enables risk-based testing (e.g. adapting the level of testing according to risk or SIL assignment)
- Combine data from multiple tools into one system or combine data from multiple projects into one underlying database
- The visibility of requirements to tests allow for a secondary requirement quality check and a process to ensure completeness of the requirements
- Compliance / Audit Management
- Documentation for audits are held within the tool and are readily available for deliverables
- Compliance to different industry standards (e.g. ISO26262, DO178 & IEC62304).
- A Quick Introduction to asureSIGN
asureSIGN implements the RDVT (Requirements Driven Verification and Test) methodology by starting with the top level ‘product’ requirements or Test Plan that has been refined to a suitable level of granularity either external to asureSIGN or within the tool itself. A feature level requirements hierarchy may also be written as a standalone top-level test plan.
The rich suite of features provided within asureSIGN implement the core functions of, and realise the advantages of RDVT. asureSIGN is a proven solution to the problems identified within current tool flows which complements current workflows and tooling to ensure that all requirements are proven to be implemented and working correctly.
Using a combination of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) and a Command Line Interface (CLI), asureSIGN combines ease-of-use with flexibility, with the CLI providing an indispensable means to achieve automation, provide access to an extended command set and allow for batch updates via XML import and export. View typical asureSIGN GUI Screens.
- Core Features and FunctionsasureSIGN is supported on Linux and Windows, and delivers the following core functions.
- Requirements Capture
- Change Management
- Compliance and Auditing
- Auditable Documents Proofs
- Regression Analysis and Graphing
- EDA Tool Independent
- Reuse & Variance Management
- Lightweight Tool Flow
- Quality and Completeness
- Release Information
- asureSIGN Release – NEXT!
- asureSIGN Release – Sep 2016
- asureSIGN Release – Jun 2016
- asureSIGN Release – Feb 2016
- asureSIGN Release – Dec 2015
- asureSIGN Release – Nov 2015 (featuring asureVIEW)
- asureSIGN Release – Oct 2015
- asureSIGN Release – Jul 2015
- asureSIGN Release – May 2015
- asureSIGN Release – 16
- asureSIGN Release – 15
- asureSIGN Release – 14