Design for Test (DFT)
Our team of Design for Test experts can help increase IC test coverage, yields and quality.
Continuously shrinking process nodes have introduced new and complex on-chip variation effects creating new yield challenges. Combined with ever-increasing design complexity with multiple memories, mixed signal blocks and IPs from multiple vendors crammed into a single SoC, Design for Test (DFT) implementation and Production Test signoff has become a major challenge. The T&VS asureDFT services suite helps you to overcome these challenges by establishing a DFT strategy that delivers improved DFT execution quality and reduced time-to market.
- Implementing Scan ( Compression/ non-compression ) implementation with industry standard tools
- ATPG (stuck-at, at-speed, SDD, Path delay, new faults based on the technology and strategy) vector generation, Covergae analysis, Pattern (verilog, wgl) simulation (Gate Level Simulations (unit-delay, extracted dealy with sdf)
- Memory BIST implementation, Simulation & Vector preparation for good simulation and repair flow with fault Injections with industry standard EDA tools
Off-the-Shelf DFT Components
- DFT Strategy/Structural Testing with testmode STA needs
- Exclusive trainings on JTAG, BSCAN, SCAN, MBIST
- Customized contents for customer requirements
DFT Methodology Services
- Development of DFT methodology
- Assessment of existing DFT methodology
- Reduced overhead due to trained skills being available – No need to hire expensive DFT resources
- End-to-end support – From design to silicon
- Off the shelf components – Reduce DFT turnaround times
- Training support – Bridge the gap in experience levels; Remote support from T&VS office to resources at customer sites
DFT Case Studies
End-to-end DFT for a consumer SoC
T&VS was tasked with scan implementation, verification and pattern delivery for a complex consumer SoC which had a flop count of around 1.5 million. Memory BIST (MBIST) also had to be performed for 400+ memory instances. The stuck at and at-speed coverage analysis targets were set at 99% and 85% respectively.
Implementing DFT for a network SoC
When a customer urgently needed a team of engineers for DFT implementation and execution of its network SoC, they turned to T&VS for help. After the design had been analyzed and the DFT implementation effort had been estimated, T&VS had to execute DFT DRC for Scan and implement compression and the stuck-at coverage target for the SoC was an aggressive 99.8% …