Docker is a software containerization platform that has revolutionized development, making it easier to create, deploy, and run applications by using containers. A container is a standard unit of software that packages up code and all its dependencies so the application runs quickly from one computing environment to another. Docker simplifies and accelerates your workflow whilst giving developers the freedom to innovate with their choice of tools, application stacks and deployment environments.
- COST SAVINGS
Developers are using Docker to package applications so they can run anytime and from anywhere.
Client Case Study: Leading online retailer in APAC region
T&VS SDETs were asked to create new agile QA environment with multiple 3rd party integration. Docker was chosen for its test tool integration, agility and flexibility.
- Created a number of environments to enable the QA strategy: test environment, pre production & ability to push builds straight into production.
- Backward compatibility testing was established to ensure new versions of the product continue to work with previous versions, and give an instant feedback loop.
- Fully automated CI/CD pipeline build including: Jenkins, SonarQube, Git, Jacoco, Selenium TestNG for UI. Enabling shift left QA approach and rapid continuous delivery pipeline.
- Fast environment deployments in seconds and roll-backs utilising Docker compose.
- Quality gate implemented utilising a code coverage tool to review instantly the quality of the code.
T&VS: Leading quality assurance in Docker environments
T&VS automation centre-of-excellence has been working with Docker environments for a number of years, helping our clients transform the way they deliver their testing services. Moving to Docker has enabled our clients to virtualise their environments and fully automate their CI/CD pipeline.
Benefits of Dockerization with T&VS:
- Best practice in using Docker environments and maximising your QA approach.
- Practical experience creating virtual Docker containers, isolating the app from the env.
- Integrating SonarQube for code coverage to drive code quality from the outset.
- Enabling Docker driven test automation that integrates with main toolset for quality focus.